tenohfive
Always room for one more tank...
At some point recently (probably when I added some more plants) I've had a bit of a snail outbreak. I've been considering 3 ways to get rid of them:
1) set up a 5g tank for a dwarf puffer, pop him in my community tank for a day every fortnight and let him take them on
2) leave some lettuce in the tank overnight, then remove along with the snails in the morning
Both options seem to be viable but I've got a slightly more distasteful but ultimately more satisfying cure:
Wait until one of more is on the side of the tank, then take an everyday dining fork and crush it. Then watch as my danio's and ram's come to play with it, less its shell.
A bit messy (though I don't touch them) and adds some more livefood to my fish's diet. I'm even considering setting up an icecream tub tank for snails so I can add them to my main tank as and when required. The idea of free livefood with next to no effort is a real draw as far as I'm concerned.
Does anyone foresee any problems/have any views on this?
1) set up a 5g tank for a dwarf puffer, pop him in my community tank for a day every fortnight and let him take them on
2) leave some lettuce in the tank overnight, then remove along with the snails in the morning
Both options seem to be viable but I've got a slightly more distasteful but ultimately more satisfying cure:
Wait until one of more is on the side of the tank, then take an everyday dining fork and crush it. Then watch as my danio's and ram's come to play with it, less its shell.
A bit messy (though I don't touch them) and adds some more livefood to my fish's diet. I'm even considering setting up an icecream tub tank for snails so I can add them to my main tank as and when required. The idea of free livefood with next to no effort is a real draw as far as I'm concerned.
Does anyone foresee any problems/have any views on this?







