I Lost A Fish!

poisongirl

New Member
Joined
May 27, 2009
Messages
55
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I just did a partial water change....

Well once I had taken some pics of pleccy, I realised my baby platy had gone! :( I had been doing so well with him too, I've never bred before, he was about 3 months old and about 1/2 " long.

I hadn't tipped the old water away yet. He wasn't in the bucket. I carefully looked through all the bits of plant I took out, and looked all around the outside of the tank to make sure he hadn't got caught and fell off.

He is nowhere to be seen!!

There is no holes he could have hidden in when I moved the stuff around either. I am so confused!
Could he be hiding in the gravel because I was upsetting him?
 
I just did a partial water change....

Well once I had taken some pics of pleccy, I realised my baby platy had gone! :( I had been doing so well with him too, I've never bred before, he was about 3 months old and about 1/2 " long.

I hadn't tipped the old water away yet. He wasn't in the bucket. I carefully looked through all the bits of plant I took out, and looked all around the outside of the tank to make sure he hadn't got caught and fell off.

He is nowhere to be seen!!

There is no holes he could have hidden in when I moved the stuff around either. I am so confused!
Could he be hiding in the gravel because I was upsetting him?


could be in gravel hiding behind a ornament/in plants/behind heater-filter...fish are great at not being found, my huge 13+inch plec can hide if he wants not to be seen,
 
Yeah my plec is really good at hiding! Mind you he is only 2"! I have just moved some of the hidey places so I can see under them but they are shaded from the rest of the tank :)

Hopefully the baby comes out of hiding soon!
 
I also have a baby plec which is just under an inch long, he hides for days ad then suddenly he appears.
When i put him in I thought it would be impossible to loose him as I have very light coloured sand and a few plants but I was proved wrong....

As long as he cant get into your filter then he should be perfectly fine and will appear when he is hungry :)
 
Yeah my plec is really good at hiding! Mind you he is only 2"!

Give the plec a few months and there wont be much chance of him hidin. :D
I have mine about 10 months- one year, and he's 8 inches now. Grows sooooo fast!!! :hyper:
 
The other fish I have are the parent platys and my plec.

Only got a 2.5ft tank until I finish doing up my 30gal
 
Yeah, soz if I have confused!
Pleccy was in a plastic tub trying his very best to avoid having his photo taken he is quite shy!

So if anyone knows about plecs please look and tell me what he is.... I think he is a bulldog...http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=299646

Yeah... my baby platy has gone. Tanks is starting to clear up now ive stopped shifting stuff. Will keep a look out for him!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top