I know I'm new & all, but I need you're prayers...

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Wow Rose... what a tear-jerker. :(

One of our family kitties was hit by a car ten years ago. The vet told us it was up to us if we wanted to save Kitty. He had to amputate her tail and she is totally blind in one eye and deaf in one ear. The vet said she wouldn't be able to jump and climb without the use of her tail and no depth perception due to partial blindness, but Kitty is twelve years old now and still climbs trees like a squirrel. She is a wonderful and loyal cat, and I'm so grateful that we decided to 'save' her.

BeautifulGoodbye - I'm sure Jake could live a happy and full life with three legs. However, I'm sure he cannot live a happy and full life in chronic pain. Two huge thumbs down on your hubby's attitude (I feel almost as sorry for you for having to deal with that as I do about your poor dog's problem). If he refuses to have Jake's leg amputated, and there is NO way that you can take care of it yourself (do try shelters and check into monthly payments), then I would talk to hubby about euthanasia. I'm not a fan of euthanasia, but anything beats keeping an animal in pain. I offer my sincerest apologies if this sounds harsh, but your posts make me think that you know it's not okay to just leave Jake how he is. I'll pray for your situation. I know you'll do the best you can with it.

Prayers for your doggy hon. Is he at least receiving pain medication? Do you have an update on him?

I won't say what I'd like to say about your hubby. But as pet owners we are responsible for their well being. Wishing you the best.

~hugs~

Most reactions

Back