I Just Got....

les_251181

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jul 14, 2008
Messages
96
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
United Kingdom
I just got a Fan Shrimp to live in the community tank! he's super cool and is scaling the castle walls as i type lol

we named him Boris!
 
I noted from your other thread that you have ill fish, what medication are you currently using in your tank?

You need to know as many kill inverts including shrimp.
 
did u even get the meds?? you wernt even going to get them till today, this is a shame cos your fish keep getting sick ,and you add more to the tank without treating succesfuly first...one of your fish died yesterday with a fungal illness and today you add shrimp.. ok granted i no nothing about shrimp but this isnt good.im not having a go, we have all been there when the excitement takes over, but in the end its the fish that suffer,, im sure you could be a damn good fishkeeper if you started taking the advice that is being offerred to you in bucket loads :(
 
You should not be adding more fish when you currently have ill fish. If it is indeed columnaris that your fish have, if your are not medicating expect it to get worse and lose some fish. Please when you ask for advice on this forum, take note of it and actually do something to help your current fish before adding more and risk their suffering too.
 
Its never a good idea to add new fish if you have a problem. I hope if you are puttng meds in the tank that they are natural and contain no copper or your shrimp will die. Also it is better to keep a few shrimp together as it makes them braver and they dont hide so much. You will need to give your shrimp a good diet so that it doesnt have problems when it comes to moult because if they cant moult entirely they may die.
 
actually i've got three tropical set ups and one coldwater.

the shrimp is in a new tank which had cycled for weeks. he's in there with a few molly and tetras.

and yes, the tank that had to two ill fish is under treatment - it's treated with Interpet Anti-fungus and finrot.

there are no signs of other fish becoming sick in that community.

and no, i'm not that stupid i would add new fish to a community which is undergoing treatment.

thanks for the vote of confidence though people.
 
Well that told us :lol:
I know I for one will sleep better tonight :P
 
a picture would be sweet...does he look like this??


this is my "flower shrimp" but i think they have many other common names


flower.jpg
 
and no, i'm not that stupid i would add new fish to a community which is undergoing treatment.

thanks for the vote of confidence though people.

Sorry, they mean no offense, the people who have been here for years have had to deal with major blockheads :lol: We're pretty sure you're not one, it's just that after helping so many people, we tend to condescend, which we shouldn't. Anyhow, I would love to see some photos! I've always wanted fan shrimp, just never had the tank, so, congrats!
 
Thank you for the apology. Im afraid i don't take stuff like that well, i've kept animals of all sorts, reptiles, fish, rodents, canine and feline all my life, and do have a good understanding of them all.

I know that people on here mean well, sometimes it would help if we all knew eachother and what we're all about etc, but with forums thats the problem.

Anyway, my shrimp who has just b*****d off round the back of the castle again is quite light in colour, no markings, just a nice sandy (blonde) colour. He's full of life and i think he's claimed the castle as his own!

I will endeavour to get a photo of Boris as soon as he moved from inside the castle!!
 
and no, i'm not that stupid i would add new fish to a community which is undergoing treatment.

thanks for the vote of confidence though people.

Thing is...people do. People off the internet are idiots until proven otherwise. You just can't take offence at the assumption that you don't know something - because the vast majority of people who join these forums don't know much. Its not a bad thing - its just a fact.

And thats by the by - post count isn't a sign of experience, but you can see I've got a pretty high post count and most people on here know me and have some idea of what I know and my level of experience. Even then I have to rule out the obvious answers in my OP if I'm posting up with a question.

I can see how you'd get the ####...but don't.

Editted: for #### read "hump" - thats more forum acceptable lol
 
and while your getting the hump anyway, why not read the section on signature rules.. while i crawl back under my stone :)
 
Meow! Put a smile on my face though :)

I take it back - I've a 22" samsung flatscreen monitor (my big toy, prior to my first fish tank) and that sig takes up roughly half the screen - including taskbar, mozilla buttons etc.

Big sig? Or an excuse to buy a bigger screen....
 

Most reactions

Back
Top