I have Mollies and have added salt to tank

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

blitztidus said:
we will be awaiting youre return... NOW GET TO BED. I don't know what time it is there but it is almost 7 pm here but get to bed
[snapback]865231[/snapback]​
its coming up for 1am - right really am going now - night night

Boo. I'm still here, sort of. :p I figured out how to get online in Denver, so here I am! Though on Wednesday, the competition starts, so after that I won't be on much, or at all. Still lurkin' in here today, though.

Did you take Marge back yet, Fishy Mishy? Another thought I had, to reduce aggression in males, is maybe get one more male. Then it will keep aggression more in the group, rather on other fish, and it will eliminate the chance that 2 might gang up on one. :)

Annastasia said:
Boo. I'm still here, sort of. :p I figured out how to get online in Denver, so here I am! Though on Wednesday, the competition starts, so after that I won't be on much, or at all. Still lurkin' in here today, though.

Did you take Marge back yet, Fishy Mishy? Another thought I had, to reduce aggression in males, is maybe get one more male. Then it will keep aggression more in the group, rather on other fish, and it will eliminate the chance that 2 might gang up on one. :)
[snapback]866072[/snapback]​
Hi, just checking in before bedtime! No Marge is still with us as our LFS is not open Monday. I might go for the getting one more male idea - I think parting with Marge might be harder than I imagined and to be honest they leave her alone. I have two silver/white mollies and 2 dalmation. Marge is a dalmation and the other male dalmation and 2 silver mollies dont seem that interested in her at all. The only time I see any mild bickering is when I feed them - other than that they all seem quite happy together. I did a water test tonight (tank 6 days old) and need to do a water change first thing as my levels are a little up so I think I will just leave everything for now and not introduce any more fish nor take Marge back jus yet. You may think this is unwise but as I am still a new tank set up I just want to observ/test and get through the next week or two. I will keep an eye on them all and if I see any aggression will act but right now they seem to all be getting on pretty well.

they will want here REAL soon if you keep her. it took mine a couple days to be intrested in the females but already, i am expecting some this week.

blitztidus said:
they will want here REAL soon if you keep her. it took mine a couple days to be intrested in the females but already, i am expecting some this week.
[snapback]866358[/snapback]​
I dont mind if she has babies - I just got a bit worried when I was being advised that they would kill each other - I guess it does not happen in a 100% of cases??
Do you think I should do nothing until I see the need or am I being naive?

I had some nipping in my tank last week and now everyone is fine except that my fish like to defend certain areas. like my platy under a cave, if anyone comes close while she's down there your gonna get a scare.

blitztidus said:
I had some nipping in my tank last week and now everyone is fine except that my fish like to defend certain areas. like my platy under a cave, if anyone comes close while she's down there your gonna get a scare.
[snapback]866773[/snapback]​
OK I took a deep breath and exchanged 2 Male Mollies for 2 Female. The tank does seem more peaceful so I think it was the right decision. Although one looks suspiciously like she is with child - has a rounder belly than the others. So I have got to gear up my knowledge of having babies just in case! I am not surprised though as the 2 females were in a tank with all males - they were the very last 2! So I think I have done more than one good deed today as it must have been a nightmare for them in there with about 30 men - AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
Anyway feel much happier with my decision which was ultimately made through all the sound advice you have given me. Thanks again sooooooooo much! My Mollies are grateful too xx

Good for you! That was a good choice for your tank, though you might get a lot of babies. :)

Great to here that you are still online. get on here whenever you can. Your help is greatly appreciated.

You flatter me. I will try to get on line as often as I can, but this Internet connection here is soooo slllooooww. :p Sometimes it won't let me get on either. Ah well, when I can get on, I'll come straight here. :)

Annastasia said:
Good for you! That was a good choice for your tank, though you might get a lot of babies. :)

Great to here that you are still online. get on here whenever you can. Your help is greatly appreciated.

You flatter me. I will try to get on line as often as I can, but this Internet connection here is soooo slllooooww. :p Sometimes it won't let me get on either. Ah well, when I can get on, I'll come straight here. :)
[snapback]866830[/snapback]​
Glad you think so - I also treat my fish to some new bits and pieces - really beginning to take shape now - although i cannot come out of our LFS without spending £70 each time! Anyway had my levels checked again today - all looking fine (not surprising as I am completely paranoid about losing a fish - (I know I will get a mortality one day!) Just need to wait another week now and then I can introduce something else.

Really enjoying it - good to have found a hobby that you can makes friends and talk about with all over the world!

:*) no problem :*)

anyways today i just found some fish food that i have never seen before. my friend has had i ever since he had a tank and he just never really used it. it is fish flake that are made specifically for livebearers. it is TetraMin. would you say this is better than regular tropical fish flakes? B)

blitztidus said:
:*) no problem :*)

anyways today i just found some fish food that i have never seen before. my friend has had i ever since he had a tank and he just never really used it. it is fish flake that are made specifically for livebearers. it is TetraMin. would you say this is better than regular tropical fish flakes? B)
[snapback]867180[/snapback]​
http://www.tetra-fish.co.uk/
Tetra are a leading supplier in Uk - see above website link

Most reactions

Back