I Have A Tank I Need To Fill.

They will be eaten. Along with pretty much anything else under about 3" or so.

It's worth noting however that they tend to do best in a group of at least 3, which your tank could not really house.
 
dang it, i really love pictus cats, they looks so darn good, what kind of cat could i have with dwarf puffers?
 
You may be able to have 1, just plan on it hiding more than a group. I've never kept them singly though so someone can go ahead and chime in here if I'm wrong.

As far as tankmates for dwarf puffers, there's not much out there. They are mean little fish. I don't really know too much in the way of cats so I really have no idea. A species tank with maybe 5 dwarf puffers would be pretty cool though. They are probably one of the most entertaining/fun fish there are.
 
You could have fish in there. Better than rocks or just water.

Sorry I couldn't resist. What sort of fish do you like? If I had that I'd stick in a pair of apistos.


I wanted to reply fish too :(

My suggestion (as well as listening to those on this forum) is to maybe go to a local store; and have a look at what you like and write their names down and do a bit research.
 
lol, it seems the i should definetly put water in it.

ill go to my lfs and look at what they have, and if i can find dwarf puffers ill get a few of them, if i had five how many female/male ratio, substrate, decoration, and food is livefoods right?
 
You could try frozen bloodworms. Mine readily ate that. I think it was supposed to be 2 females to 1 male ratio but I'm not sure. I think there is a pinned thread in the oddballs section about dp's. Substrate doesn't really matter and they prefer a heavily planted tank with plenty of hiding spots.
 
ok, i havent seen otos in my lfs before, but i havent ever looked for them, ill look this tuesday while i get stock for my 130 gallon
 
Um, is your stocking level in your sig current? If it is, you may want to rehome the betta at least...
 
dang it, i really love pictus cats, they looks so darn good, what kind of cat could i have with dwarf puffers?

Otocinclus are okay 100% of the time. People on dwarf puffer forums report that bumblebee gobies and kuhli loaches are also generally ignored. Personally, I kept 2 bbgs in with 2 dwarf puffers for a year without any trouble - as they both ate bloodworms it was an effecient setup. I also had some cherry shrimp in with them, and they seemed to ignore them, although the population got paler with time, leading me to believe they were being selected for being harder for the puffer to see. Still, every puffer has a different personality - don't consider these rules, but just good luck.

Definately the most entertaining fish you could ask for. It's amazing that something with a brain the size of an eraser (if that) can show so much personality.
 
Um, is your stocking level in your sig current? If it is, you may want to rehome the betta at least...

im actually rehomeing the betta, and all the other fish i have except the SAE and the 2 BN plecs.

i might try a few kuhlis, but arent bumblebee gobies brackish?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top