I have a freshwater tank and need help I don't know what else to do.

June FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Hollid

Reaction score
I have a freshwater tank with tetra, angelfish sharkfish, blowfish, koi catfish, and i found one of my fish had ich a while back i did research and got everything I needed to get rid of it i thought i used ich x i chaged water like dirextions said. I have bought super ich and cure all aquatic salt, stress zime, and I still lost 4 fish along this process. I thought I had gotten rid of it. And fish have seemed to be happy for weeks now and all of a sudden I seen two of my sharkfish scratching and flicking their selves against the coral decorations I have put in the aquarium. I'm assuming it's ich and I began treating it all over again. I don't know if I can take losing any more fish. How do I get rid of this stuff for good. Can someone please tell me if I'm doing somethinf wrong or what do I need to do please.

Hi there, we'll help you the best we can. Please could you post some photos of your fish and your tank so we can have a look ourselves. We can usually treat ich by raising the temperature but if its a severe case we'll have to recommend some meds.

its all cloudy cause I had to remove filter and been treating tank for abou
1693267830696474734305896744175.jpg
t 2 weeks now. I'll try to get some closer pic of the fish like I said I know we did have ich it came from a new fish I had purchased I didn't realize u should corentine fish before putting them in a tank I'm a new fish owner

Wow! Interesting tank to say the least :) Help is coming! You will feel like you are being interrogated, but this is THE best place to get advice. Don't let it put you off if it feels like people are critiquing you, it's done with the aim of improving your set up and prospects. Make sure to stick around and work through this. You are a beginner.

What else can you tell us?
- size of tank
- do you test the water?
- is there a picture of the koi catfish and shark fish?
- what about doing a video of the tank for us?

Why did you remove the filter?
If you have carbon (black granulated substance) in the filter, you remove the carbon when treating fish but leave everything else in the filter and keep the filter running continuously (24/7).

Put the filter back in the tank (minus any carbon).

Test the aquarium water for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH. Post the results in numbers here. If you don't have a test kit, take a glass of tank water to a pet shop and ask them to test it for you. Write the results down in numbers at the time of the test. If the shop says the water is fine, ask them what the numbers are.

Do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for a week.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

When the water is clear, get some pictures of individual fish with the spots.

Most reactions

Back