I Finially Did It!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Lisa67

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I've been planning the big move for months and today I finially did it! I moved a tank full of Lake Tang cichlids (fronts, calvus, comps) to a new 125 gal tank and then moved about 20 mbuna from a 55 gal into the 72 gal that the fronts had occupied. I worked on this from 10 am until 4pm and I'm totally water-logged (not to mention I'll probally be sick from the amount of fish water I swallowed priming hoses and tubes)! In addition to the fish I moved sand, decor, etc. I'm exhausted but thrilled that everyone seems to have survived. The fronts that used to attack each other are all swimming around in a group.

I did learn that the smaller the fish, the better they seem to be able to jump... and that the mbuna are MUCH more difficult to catch than the fronts.

I think I'll have a glass of wine!

Conrats, think some pics would be nice when you get your energy back :blush:

Yep mbuna are pretty smart when it comes to catching them they know how to hide well and they are really quick fish.

Conrats, think some pics would be nice when you get your energy back :blush:

Yep mbuna are pretty smart when it comes to catching them they know how to hide well and they are really quick fish.
+1 on that! And they are mean when they are threatened! I was trying to catch a red zebra to take him back to the LFS (he was mean as hell anyway!) and the little :blahblah: bit me!!!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back