I feel like giving up....

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I've been cycling a tank for 2 months, and it's still not cycled :( I don't get it!!! I feel like just not cycling anymore, but I need to for my fish! What should I do?
@Essjay gave me this and it helped me ALOT to FINALLY get my 5g cycled. It's kinda like "cycling for dummies" lol. It's actually a mini version of the one on this forum.
Just wanted to share 😁

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230209_120301_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230209_120301_Chrome.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 33
and once tank has been fully cycled, you should do one last 100% water change to remove the high nitrates

Could I use Bottled water instead then?

If you are referring to the big water change at the end of the cycle, that is to remove all the nitrate made by the cycling process. Use the same water you intend to use once there are fish in the tank.

I think I may have asked the wrong question, I meant if there is any thing in bottled water that is unsafe? Sorry!

what fish are you planning to stock the tank with?

Bottled water can be good, depending what's actually in it. In the UK bottled water is often spring water which can potentially have quite a lot of calcium and magnesium - in other words, hard water.
Read the ingredients on the bottled water. If there's little calcium and magnesium it's OK for soft water fish. I'm not sure on the hardness requirements of goldfish, they may need it harder. If they do, it's easy to make water harder by adding hardness minerals.

Don't forget a 20 gallon is suitable for 1 goldfish. You'll need the + of 20+ gallons if you want more than one.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back