I.d. My New Flowerhorn

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

hamfist

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Just got my first flowerhorn yesterday. Just want him as a fun pet, so not worried how accurate and perfect a specimen he is. I think he's a ZZ. Is there anything more specific anyone can tell me about what exact type he is ?

BTW, he's almost 9" long. I think he could do with putting on some weight, but I don't think that will be a problem, as he has a great appetite.

Busterdayonelores.jpg

Nice fish, i like him!

IMO he has some color like a trimac

Yes, I'm sure there's a lot of Trimac in him. Lots of similarities.
Yehh thats wat i was thinking too, have you checked out aquabid? theres people that ship FH everywhere, maybe you could get him a girlfriend? :)

Don't think its as simple as that with FHs. UNnless one has a massive tank, I think one of them would end up killing the other. I think one has to be quite careful when and where you expose potential couples to each other with FHs.

To be honest an 80 gallon is not big enough for two of these fish in the first place.

Nice fish, i like him!

IMO he has some color like a trimac

Yes, I'm sure there's a lot of Trimac in him. Lots of similarities.
Yehh thats wat i was thinking too, have you checked out aquabid? theres people that ship FH everywhere, maybe you could get him a girlfriend? :)

Don't think its as simple as that with FHs. UNnless one has a massive tank, I think one of them would end up killing the other. I think one has to be quite careful when and where you expose potential couples to each other with FHs.

To be honest an 80 gallon is not big enough for two of these fish in the first place.

Any updates on how he's doing?

Most reactions

Back