I Changed My Water And All The Fish Died

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

paper1

Reaction score
I cleaned my tank today(55gallons) and this is the 2nd time that all the fish have died. I only change half of the water and then put in the water solution. COuld it be possible that i am having to much solution in the water or the solution has gone bad. Thanks

Paula

I cleaned my tank today(55gallons) and this is the 2nd time that all the fish have died. I only change half of the water and then put in the water solution. COuld it be possible that i am having to much solution in the water or the solution has gone bad. Thanks

Paula

Hmmm... what clorine remover are you using? and is the water the same temp as the old water in the tank befor you put it in? sounds like your shocking your fish with cold water!

Just a point are you mixing the remover into your fresh water befor adding to the tank? as otherwise it will kill off the bacteria in the filter! id give the tank a good clean and start again running the filter for 4 weeks then add a couple of fish!

definately need more info before we can make a diagnosis, can you supply the following info please, give as much details as you can, it's hard to diagnose over the internet so tell us everything you can about the tank

what size is the tank?
what fish do (did) you have in it, how old were they and what size?
what equipment are you running on the tank?
Do you test the water, if so what are your latest test readings for pH, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate?
What test kit are you using?
How old is the tank?
How did you cycle the tank?
What is your maintenance routine?

My initial guess is at old tank syndrome, this is where a tank has been running for some time but not received regular maintenance, when you do a water change the shock of the improved conditions is enough to kill the fish.

My initial guess is at old tank syndrome, this is where a tank has been running for some time but not received regular maintenance, when you do a water change the shock of the improved conditions is enough to kill the fish.

+1 :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back