I can't distinguish sex of paradise gourami

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

sojumonk

Reaction score
paradisemale.jpg

femalepara33.jpg

as you see in the pic, one has little bit longer fin than the other.
they don't fight each other, and the one has longer fin seems to chase the one with shorther fin nicely(not aggresive at all). I read that normally if two males are in a same tank they fight til one dies. please help me
Are they a male and a female as I think? because a guy working at petco said they are both males.. but they are really nice to each other.. I'm confused..

They both look male to me, but then again I'm no gourami expert...

I can't distinguish between the two, but I wanted to add that you can't always rely on others' opinions when it comes to fishkeeping. You'll always read that it's best to not have two male gouramis together, but I have more males than females in my 55 gallon. I've never had a problem with compatibility. They've all found their space in the tank, so there's not much to 'fight' about. I imagine a smaller tank would be an inadequate place for all that testosterone!

It will be different for each individual. Keep an eye on your fish, and address the situation if one arises.

Those are both Male Paradise Fish they are different the Gourami. Watch them and see if they start locking there mouths, if they do you should seperate them, If you have a big enuff tank and add a few females then they should do fine

HTH

I have 3 male gouramis in my tank, no females and all has been fine.. :D :D

Most reactions

Back