FishySarah
Fish Fanatic
- Joined
- Sep 17, 2006
- Messages
- 167
- Reaction score
- 0
- Points
- 0
So I'm trying to figure out how to stock my tanks.
I have two five gallons, 3 ten gallons (2 cycling) 1 29 gallon that I'm thinking about turning into a cichlid tank (or a polypteres/bicher to upgrade later, not sure yet) I want to spread my fish that I have in the 29 gallon out over the smaller tanks. I also am thinking of adding a few new fish, and I have no idea what to get or what I have room for.
These are the fish I have:
1 gold barb
2 black skirt tetras
3 female guppies and three guppy fry
1 male platy and two females and three fry
9 mollies in various stages of growth
As for the fry, I haven't been isolating the mothers but I've been pulling out any fry I see and transferring them to a 5 gallon. Not many survive long enough for me to find them in the big tank. This kind of surprises me because at the lfs I always see fry swimming around in tanks and the fish ignore them. Mine seem to gobble them up instantly before I get to them. don't know why.
I feel I should get some more gold barbs and black skirt tetras. I want to keep one tank available for fry, or to isolate a mother if I ever decide to. I also want to add some cory cats and possibly a dwarf gourami or two somewhere.
What is the best way to distribute these fish for their benefit?
I have two five gallons, 3 ten gallons (2 cycling) 1 29 gallon that I'm thinking about turning into a cichlid tank (or a polypteres/bicher to upgrade later, not sure yet) I want to spread my fish that I have in the 29 gallon out over the smaller tanks. I also am thinking of adding a few new fish, and I have no idea what to get or what I have room for.
These are the fish I have:
1 gold barb
2 black skirt tetras
3 female guppies and three guppy fry
1 male platy and two females and three fry
9 mollies in various stages of growth
As for the fry, I haven't been isolating the mothers but I've been pulling out any fry I see and transferring them to a 5 gallon. Not many survive long enough for me to find them in the big tank. This kind of surprises me because at the lfs I always see fry swimming around in tanks and the fish ignore them. Mine seem to gobble them up instantly before I get to them. don't know why.
I feel I should get some more gold barbs and black skirt tetras. I want to keep one tank available for fry, or to isolate a mother if I ever decide to. I also want to add some cory cats and possibly a dwarf gourami or two somewhere.
What is the best way to distribute these fish for their benefit?







