I almost didn't screw it up!!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

mcordelia

Fish Herder
Reaction score
IMG_20201210_210022246.jpg

So they might have stuck together... And they might not have risen as much as they were supposed to (until they were in the oven apparently lol) but, hopefully they are at least edible!!

These are all gifts so I have none left over to try :( recipe was supposed to make 4 but as mentioned it didn't really rise, aaand story of my life with homemade items

Oh and our stove is an absolute disgrace, in retrospect I should have cropped that a little....

Oh, interesting!!! I had no idea that it looked the same! Learn something new every day :)

This is a scandinavian sweet bread with cardamom.

They look good enough to me!

baking is a tough racket, my least favourite subject while I was doing my chef training.

I can make a few types of basic breads, but beyond that, there are individuals better suited for that craft than I...

I am a Bread Baker by trade. Chefs are artistic, Bread bakers are scientists. Bread Baking is only successful if everything is done the same way each time, something that chefs by nature have difficulty getting their heads around.

View attachment 124552

So they might have stuck together... And they might not have risen as much as they were supposed to (until they were in the oven apparently lol) but, hopefully they are at least edible!!

These are all gifts so I have none left over to try :( recipe was supposed to make 4 but as mentioned it didn't really rise, aaand story of my life with homemade items
You have done really well, not easy to produce any type of bread from a domestic oven. If you wanted four loaves: Weigh the total piece of dough then divide by 12, that will give you the dough piece weight for each strand and will produce 4, 3 strand plaits

View attachment 124552

looks yummie!

I am a Bread Baker by trade. Chefs are artistic, Bread bakers are scientists. Bread Baking is only successful if everything is done the same way each time, something that chefs by nature have difficulty getting their heads around.
So true!

Made another few loaves tonight :) these came out better, the dough had a little less flour so it rose better this time and I got 4 loaves out of it. One did not make it into the picture because it got eaten :D

IMG_20201211_211838355.jpg

Fresh challah is so delicious. Nice job.

If it looks like challah and tastes like challah, it’s challah :D

Haha, from what I understand challah does not use cardamom or cinnamon as spices?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back