Hyperactive Tetra

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

rebeledd

Reaction score
My fire tetra seem to be a lot more active, darting up and down in the tank since I upgraded two weeks ago. Is this normal behaviour? Thanks!

Attachments

• trim.571BFB64-617F-4E0B-A53B-AC2119F6EBB3.MOV
    9.4 MB
My fire tetra seem to be a lot more active, darting up and down in the tank since I upgraded two weeks ago. Is this normal behaviour? Thanks!
For some reason your video won't play.

How many of these tetras do you have? They are a shoaling fish and like to be in groups. I'd have about 8-10 if I were keeping them. if he's on his own he may be panicky in a new tank. OR - he may be excited and exploring his environment - it's not necessarily something to be worried about.

I have three fire tetra, and bought an additional four cardinal tetra which are really young. I don’t have a water testing kit at the moment, and was worried that they were stressed. Thank you!

I see nothing wrong tho. Why the water brown?
Blackwater aquarium ?.
Try to check your water parameters i think ?
Your shrimp looks like darting around too.

I have three fire tetra, and bought an additional four cardinal tetra which are really young. I don’t have a water testing kit at the moment, and was worried that they were stressed. Thank you!
Different tetras won't necessarily shoal together.

I'd invest in a testing kit - not strips, though. Get something like the API one. It's expensive but lasts ages and you can check your tank regularly. It'll save you a lot of money and heartbreak in the long run.

I see nothing wrong tho. Why the water brown?
Blackwater aquarium ?.
Try to check your water parameters i think ?
Your shrimp looks like darting around too.
It’s okay, it’s crystal clear - light must have affected the camera making it appear brown :)

check the water quality for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH.

do a big water change and gravel clean the substrate every day or two for a week.
make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

Tetra fish are herd fish and therefore need to be beaten in a large group to be calm.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back