Hybrid project of mine published

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

emeraldking

Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
An article "A hybrid strain between Micropoecilia parae and Campoma nr.42 endler" of mine has been published in the Poecilia news magazine, November 2023 edition.
IMG_1065.jpgpoecilia nieuws nov2023.jpghybridestam mparae and campoma nr42a.jpghybridestam mparae and campoma nr42b.jpghybridestam mparae and campoma nr42c.jpg
It contradicts the global hypothesis that such a cross between a Poecilia genus and the subgenus Micropoecilia leads to a sterile progeny.
In the past I have often performed such crosses with related species with the same fertile result in the offspring. For this last project, I am now working with the F4 generation already.

An article "A hybrid strain between Micropoecilia parae and Campoma nr.42 endler" of mine has been published in the Poecilia news magazine, November 2023 edition.
View attachment 330989View attachment 330990View attachment 330991View attachment 330992View attachment 330993
It contradicts the global hypothesis that such a cross between a Poecilia genus and the subgenus Micropoecilia leads to a sterile progeny.
In the past I have often performed such crosses with related species with the same fertile result in the offspring. For this last project, I am now working with the F4 generation already.
Thats great well done 🙂 congrats👏

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back