Hungry blue lobster

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

RobbieM

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
My house mate has just got his first blue lobster, had 2 but the first died the first night, he decided to brigten up the tank with a few neons, he bought 12 yesterday now theirs 5 left!!!

yep sounds about right, unless he hasn't found the neon bodies yet as it's quite common for neons to die when introduced for no apparent reason.

2 lobsters are likely to fight and maybe to death although that quick sounds surprising, so the may of been something wrong.

i had to remove my male lobster as my female rip off 1 of his claws and damaged the other along with a few legs.

More like the lobster ate the missing neons. I wouldn't keep anything with a lobster that wasn't at least twice the size of it.

Sorry I ment to say, 2 of the neons were stuck in the filter intake this morning and we saw the lobster hunting the rest last night, I would have taken the neons out but my tank is still at my parents house so have no where to put them.

My Lobster hasn't eaten any of my fish yet, even the little bristlenose when he tries to share his cave! Time might tell though coz he's growing all the time.

Try keeping them well fed (not with neons) ;)

flash said:
My Lobster hasn't eaten any of my fish yet, even the little bristlenose when he tries to share his cave! Time might tell though coz he's growing all the time.

Try keeping them well fed (not with neons) ;)
Yet being the key word. It might be 6 months or even a year but eventually the lobster will prey on your smaller fish.

I dont know what it is about neons, but perhaps they are wearing an 'eat me' sign.
I have fish in a tank with my A/Blue lobsters and they remain untouched, yet the neons have been caught and been eaten. Euther they taste good or are too curious for their own good. :D

Most reactions

Back