Hugo Is Changing Colors

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

That's a gorgeous fish! If it weren't for the fact he hasn't left my aquarium, I'm not sure I'd believe he was the same betta.
Bravo, Hugo!

NickAu said:
Just got new glasses 670 bucks, I can now see the rest of his fin, He is a nice boy.
That's a lot of money to pay just to be able to see a betta fish's fin.
*Slaps knee* HAHAHAHAHA!

If your fish is turning white then you might need to check him up but if he's just fading its because your betta is growing up into an adult.

Those are awesome pictures. I know how hard it can be to get good pictures of fish! It looks like he is wearing a black mask over his pink head.

Are you absolutely certain that whoever was taking care of your house and feeding Hugo while you where in Japan didn't switch out your fish with a completely different betta just to see if you would notice? LOL

He's beautiful Amber.  I can't believe how much he's coloured up since your first got him!

AmtotheBurr said:
Here's Hugo now! He is a gorgeous fish.
I don't think a whole lot of people here would disagree with me When I say that borders on being an understatement.
Truly an outstanding fish. :)

Wow he turned out amazing!!   :D  Love marble bettas. 

JasperLover said:
If your fish is turning white then you might need to check him up but if he's just fading its because your betta is growing up into an adult.

This is not really correct.  Bettas change colors -- sometimes dramatically -- with no health issues and it has nothing to do with them going from fry to an adult.  I have seen some bettas start out cellophane (almost clear) and go full on color or full color to cellophane - and sometimes in the same fish.  It is perfectly normal and no reason to be concerned.  

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back