Huge Cory cats???

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Idolz

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I see these corydoras cats at the fish store and they're really big, I mean like 1.5" thick or bigger. How do they get them that big??? Are they just old or are they fed steroids????

I've always wondered that myself actually. But since some of my cories are huge also I believe it's just that they are about full size.

Depending on the cory anywayz.

reg2k2 said:
Probably a brochis...brochis britski perhaps.
Yes Brochis look a lot like cory cats and are often sold as such but get a lot bigger.

My LFS sells them as Bronze Catfish

People sometimes bring them back and they are left to be sold again. They could also be from one of the larger Corys that get to 4-5 inches. They obviously are born bigger so look bigger.

I bought a large cory at the lfs yesterday. It's about 1-1/2" long. From the link above I learned that it's a Brochis Multiradiatus (hognose brochis). It seems to be kind of lazy, not as active as our smaller cories.

I have a large/thick Cory Melanisthius. I've also seen larger than normal Julii corys at Petco. I believe Sterbai corys are also of the larger variety.

my friend has a cory that is amazingly huge and definitely a cory - he's about 3 years old. so if they're definitely cories, then those ones are probably older.

(sorry if my previous post is here - accidentally posted it in this thread)

Brochis, corydoras, and aspidoras are all part of the corydora family. i've seen big cories around like adolfoi's and some others. most cories get to pretty big just that they arent usually taht big in shops

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back