How to get rid of this algae and what is it?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Coop23

Reaction score
Hey everyone I have a 10 gallon planted tank (at the moment its Blackwater, just because of the driftwood) planted with an anubias, vallis, water sprite (I think) and some other stems. This tank is stocked with a betta, 7 serpae tetras, some cories (only temporary), and a pair of small bristlenose (not there permanent home). This tank is on a cheap ebay light and is running on diy co2. I do weekly 75 percent water changes , every Saturday. Any advice on how to eliminate this algae would be great appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20221027_074816.jpg
    20221027_074816.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 20221027_074822.jpg
    20221027_074822.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 20221027_074813.jpg
    20221027_074813.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 48
Hey everyone I have a 10 gallon planted tank (at the moment its Blackwater, just because of the driftwood) planted with an anubias, vallis, water sprite (I think) and some other stems. This tank is stocked with a betta, 7 serpae tetras, some cories (only temporary), and a pair of small bristlenose (not there permanent home). This tank is on a cheap ebay light and is running on diy co2. I do weekly 75 percent water changes , every Saturday. Any advice on how to eliminate this algae would be great appreciated. Thanks!
maybe a little over stocked. I love bristlenose I would take them out and try to breed them in a bigger tank. I'm breading bristlenose and guppy in my 34 gallons. you have a really nice tank just maybe try to get the bristlenose out to make it less work and to make it safer for the fish. you should try to breed the bristlenose in a separate tank it's really fun but just keep up on water changes in the 10 gallon.

Maybe black beard algae? I'm pretty sure nerite snails, siamese algae eaters, and amano shrimp eat bbg. There are many others, but more research would have to be done. Also search black beard algae and see if that matches. Many websites also give options on how to get rid of it. If it is not then I have no clue.

Welcome to the forum.
Am I correct in assuming that it's a brand new tank and has been running for around 1 month? I had algae problem with my new tanks, may have something to do with silica leaching from the glass.
I aerated the tank using air stone, the problem went away after around 3 weeks.

Your tank looks like mine did a few weeks ago, lot’s of bba. Good suggestions on here, but try cutting back on your lighting and co2, also I used a product called Easy Carbon it’s an algae inhibitor. Good luck!

Get some nerite snails or a rabbit snail, they love this stuff

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back