How To Get My Albino Cherry And Cherry Barbs To Mate?!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

jsmeester

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
so i have 4 albino cherry barbs (2m2f), and 2 cherry barbs (1m1f) in my 75 gal tank together.
one of the albino cherry barb males and the cherry barb male are really startinig to get like idk how to say it but ready to breed! they both are chasing the female cherry barbs around and and constantly displaying themselfs to eachother. (the second male albino cherry barb is the non dominant one and just keeps to himself).

well i have a 20 gal rightnow which currently has like 8 baby peppered cories that i successfuly hatched and raise. all of them are to a size that a cherry barb would not be able to eat them. they are actualy like the almost the size of the cherry barb. kindof like half the size or more.

well before i take this 20 gal down, i would like to put a male and female albino cherry barb and then after the male and female cherry barb into here to mate!
or would it be better to put the 2 female albio cherry barbs into the 20 gal with the dom. male?
i forgot to mention that i have had these barbs for a long time living happily in my 75 gal.

so if i stick them in there will they eventually mate? i have just started feeding all my fish bloodworms for like the past week.
then once they mate, what do i have to do?
-remove the parents?
-leave the parents?
-leave just one?
step by step process if you could please!

i will take the baby cories out.
the tank has a piece fo drift wood and a bunch of live plants.

so ive just watched some youtube videos of cherry barbs mating and laying eggs and having the eggs just fall to the bottom of the tank into the rocks. BUTTT
now i need to no what to do step by step on what to do from when the eggs fall to the rocks and so on. do you just let them sit in the rocks? what if snails or a funus kills them?
do do i suck them up with my vaccum tube thing and put them into a 3 way breeder?

So I decided to add my dominant male albino cherry barb and the 2 females into my 20 gal with my about 2 cm long baby cories.
And am feeding them bloodworms and flake food. Hopefully I'll get them to mate. Bur I still don't no what to do when they actualyY th egg and what to do with the egg!?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back