How To Feed Live Foods?

ellena

Fish Gatherer
Joined
Apr 11, 2009
Messages
2,137
Reaction score
4
Points
38
Location
GB
I've only fed these a couple of times and I've pipetted out individual brine shrimp, or a few ml of water with daphnia in and squirted it into the tank. Is this right? Should you avoid getting the water from the bag into the tank? With the daphnia, I couldn't see them once they were in the tank so had no idea if they were eaten or not? How long does live food last in the tank if it's not eaten?
Thanks for any tips :)
 
I usually just tip the bag in - but I also have one of those seive thingys that sticks to the side of the tank for blood worms so that they worm their way out a couple at a time.
 
There's waaaay to much in a bag for me to just tip it in :lol: I think I've got a method, similar to truck, I poured a bit through my net and emptied them in. As my fish will never eat them all, I'm going to look at keeping them as a food supply.
 
When feeding daphnia, I always run a fish net through the tank I am keeping them in. That removes the largest daphnia and leaves the rest in the tank to get bigger and reproduce. If only I could keep my colonies going forever but I usually lose them after a month or two.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top