How to feed cucumbers

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

JemZ

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
How do feed cucumbers to your fish/snails? I have seen some places which say just slice the cucumber and feed it and I have seen some that say take off the skin and then blanch it

How do feed cucumbers to your fish/snails? I have seen some places which say just slice the cucumber and feed it and I have seen some that say take off the skin and then blanch it
I cut off a 1" inch wedge of cucumber, and just drop it into the tank. My gourami, pleco, corys and shark all like getting a little munch out of it.

I cut off a 1" inch wedge of cucumber, and just drop it into the tank. My gourami, pleco, corys and shark all like getting a little munch out of it.
I assume you do it with the skin on? I want to feed one of my nerites (there is no visible algae) but my fish will eat it before he gets a chance.

I just stick it on a stainless steel fork and drop it in. The fork keeps it down on the bottom and makes it easy to find if I need to remove it. (that's seldom an issue with black worms present)

I assume you do it with the skin on? I want to feed one of my nerites (there is no visible algae) but my fish will eat it before he gets a chance.
i would rarther move the nerite to a more algae tank, because in my experience they dont eat veggies or algae wafers.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back