How To Check Ammonia And Nitrite? (sp?)

kevinthecow

Fishaholic
Joined
Sep 10, 2008
Messages
657
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Yeah, The title says it all.

Please help. I think my shrimp died due to it. Or, it got a seizure. It was running like heck for two minutes
and then it collapsed. I cant find my other shrimp, my fishes are doing fine, same goes with my frogs. I dont know why? Help me?
 
Yeah, The title says it all.

Please help. I think my shrimp died due to it. Or, it got a seizure. It was running like heck for two minutes
and then it collapsed. I cant find my other shrimp, my fishes are doing fine, same goes with my frogs. I dont know why? Help me?


u need to buy a test kkit asap!

u should be checking levels every week on a regular basis.

ur best buy is the API master test kit

as you need the following

ph
ammonia
nitrite
nitrate

and this test kit has them all.
and will last u a long time :good:
 
I agree with above post.

To be on the safe side, in the meantime do a big waterchange, if the levels are high, it will bring them down
 
I agree with above post.

To be on the safe side, in the meantime do a big waterchange, if the levels are high, it will bring them down


yes i agree. also make sure ure adding dechlorinator to get rid of chlorine and chloramines

also how long has ur tank been set up for?
 
I agree with above post.

To be on the safe side, in the meantime do a big waterchange, if the levels are high, it will bring them down


yes i agree. also make sure ure adding dechlorinator to get rid of chlorine and chloramines

also how long has ur tank been set up for?
Tank Size
All other fish in it

Just added a couple to the list
 
I agree with above post.

To be on the safe side, in the meantime do a big waterchange, if the levels are high, it will bring them down


yes i agree. also make sure ure adding dechlorinator to get rid of chlorine and chloramines

also how long has ur tank been set up for?
Tank Size
All other fish in it

Just added a couple to the list


its inhis sig im assuming this is the tank he is talking about :good:
 
this what you get for staying up late lol, your vision becomes strange :lol:
 
One other question: How specifically did you cycle the tank, and how long did it take? If you don't have a test kit, chances are the tank isn't fully cycled yet, or has gotten through a fish-in cycle the hard way. Either case means extra water quality monitoring and control.
 
Well, my local pet shop doesnt sell these kits.

Also, Im planning to wash my tank tmr. full wash. (I do full wash every month)

On sat., Im going to go buy the gravel washer/water cleaning tool.

Should I just stick with my full washes instead of the kit? *Due to the fact I cant find one.

): Poor shrimps. Both died. ):
 
By full washes what do u mean?


You should be doing around 30% waterchange weekly, gravel vac once a month, if you have a internal filter, this should be cleaned once a month (depending on stocking levels, feeding etc) and should be cleaned in the water you siphon out (in a bucket).
 
Well, my local pet shop doesnt sell these kits.

Also, Im planning to wash my tank tmr. full wash. (I do full wash every month)

On sat., Im going to go buy the gravel washer/water cleaning tool.

Should I just stick with my full washes instead of the kit? *Due to the fact I cant find one.

): Poor shrimps. Both died. ):


u MUST by a multi test kit as well this is one of the most vital pieces of equip[ment in fishkeeping.!!!!!!!!
u can also buy them online!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top