How much food is too much?

Hi QHowes :)

I was so sorry to learn that you lost your fish. :-( But I'm glad that you haven't given up!

How are you doing with your girl friend's tank? Have you cleaned it and checked the water? :unsure:

My nitrite levels are going down and my girlfriends tank is doing much better. I didnt use her gravel because i wanted to wait a few days for her tank to settle again after we cleaned the sides and syphoned the bottom. Ken in the chatroom said i could use a piece of her sponge too so i might try that.

Yours Truly,
Quinton

QHowes said:
...Ken in the chatroom said i could use a piece of her sponge too so i might try that.

You're doing very well, then. :thumbs: Before very long you will have both tanks running successfully!

Does your gf have an AquaClear filter with the sponge? I use them and they are very good. I also add a big wad of filter floss to the chamber on top of the sponge and it works well to trap a lot of debris that the sponge misses.

You can actually take the entire sponge and replace it with a new one. There will be enough bacteria in the gravel and clinging to the glass and other surfaces of her tank so that they will quickly populate the new one.

When you move the sponge, be very sure to put it in a jar and cover it with enough tank water so that it will not be exposed to the air which will kill the bacteria in it.

Then, it will soon be time to begin gradually adding fish. Have you deceided what you will get? :unsure:

Plattys for sure...hearty fish for a beginner and i want to breed with them....i mean breed them!!!! i dont wanna breed with a platty!!! oh no what have i said!!!! ahhh!!!!! lol

Quinton :eek:

It's so good to see you laughing about the fish. :D Now I know, for sure, that you have things under control and will be a successful fishkeeper! :nod: :thumbs: :clap:

_____
I was worried, there, for a while. -_-

Most reactions

Back