How Much Decor Is Really Needed? Also Best Media To Seed With

mwood2

Fish Addict
Joined
Sep 24, 2008
Messages
749
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Vancouver WA (US)
Well tomorrow or the next few day I will be setting up an extra 10 gallon. I plan to use it to move some of my smaller stock from my 30. My current filter setup is a Fluavl +2, Eheim Classic 2215 and an Eclipse Filter Hood. While this may be alot of filtration its not creating a strong current in the tank (I have all output pointing at walls of tank). Media wise I use Bio Max/Floss/Pads/Sponges/Bio Balls in my Canister and mostly floss/pads in the other 2. The Fluval has been running for half a year or more now while all my old media was just tossed into the Eheim 1-2 months ago. The tanks been cycled for half a year and I would say with its full with its current stock:

1 Opaline Gourami
5 Bloodfin Tetra
2 BN Pleco
4 Molly
2 Platy
7 Coolie Loach (Only see 4 at any given time though...)
1 Keyhole Chiclid
1 Upside down Catfish (Maybe..see him once every few weeks)

I plan to get it setup this week but wont have alot of money left for decor. How much is really needed? I do plan to seed the tank with some media but I dont know which is best. I will be running an internal Fluaval U1 series. I would start by moving just the 2 Platy and watch them for a few days and move 1-2 Molly after that. Week later add some Cory and I think the 10 would be fully stocked. In place of the Platy and Molly I would either up the currnet Tetra to 7-10 or add 5 of a different?

Anything wrong with my plans/stocking Ideas? I have some smaller decor but not alot, would it work for a week or 2?
 
Ok a question for you, maybe because i just woke up, Is this going to be you only tank? because if yes just move all filteration over into new tank, if you can also all the substrate, as to tank decor use what you have now, then when money dictates buy more as and when you feel like it, some people go with bare tank's, some with mild decor,then some crammed full abit like my channa ornatipinnis tank :lol: if not take the media out of the fluval +1 and put into the fluval u1 series providing it fits,hehe
 
No this would be my 3rd tank. I have a 10 gallon DP tank and a 30 gallon community tank. I just wanted to find a better place for the livebearers and up the Tetra (also a reason to buy more Cory). The Fluval +2 has to much media to fit all of it inside of the U1. I may take half of it and add more floss to it after. I may also use it as a ADF tank but am pretty sure the U1 may be overpowering right?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top