How Mnay Fish An I Get In A 75 Us Gal

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

yes i have got the test kits and the live rock has already been cured at the shop and the sand has been used b4 so would this bring the 5-6 weeks down to around 2-3 weeks? maybe?

thanks about the advice for corals

Some LR is more cured than others, and you may get some die-off.

You cannot put a time frame on it, may be a week maybe 5 or 6 although unlikely to be this long, let the water params decide when its ready :good:

ok thanks for the help :D

the fish i just listed do u think i could add any more or will i be pushing it?

i will be posting questions 2 moz on how to setup as i have so much stuff and am a bit confused

big update ive just realised 340 ltrs = 89.9 us gallons not 75 us gallons DOH lol

so now how many fish extra could i add now ? any ideas and any ideas for fish?

1blue line tang
1salfin tang
1flame angel
2percula clown
3green chromis

i take it your a big lover of wrasses :rolleyes: :shifty: lol

what wrasses have you got?

i love tags and angels woooohhh :lol:

Everybody that has seen wrasses (especially in the wild) will soon find themselves agreeing with Ski. :drool:

Yup. I have a Cirhillabrus Solorensis and a Parachilenius Octotanea (pretty sure my spelling is right there). Commonly know as the Red-headed Solon wrasse and the 8-line wrasse respectively. And by the end of the week (if my LFS can ever catch it) I'll have a Juvenile Leopard (aka splendid) wrasse. Kind of a rescue mission, long story ;)

And yes, I do have an obsession with them. Wish I could have every one I've ever seen, but I dont have room for a 220 :D

I'm getting a Harlequin Tusk for the 90 and Carpenter's Flashers for the 77 (when the new tanks are running) :drool: :drool: :drool: .

That's quite the understatement.... :lol:

I think SkiFletch has an obsession with them......
LOL

when u see the sailfin tang in person u just want to bring right home with u :blush: :drool:

why are you so obsessed with the ammount of fish you can cram into your tank?

i don't mean to piss on your parade, but i can see this ending in dissapointment. i hope you prove me wrong!

why are you so obsessed with the ammount of fish you can cram in to your tank?

i don't mean to piss on your parade, but i can see this ending in dissapointment. i hope you pove me wrong!

i am happy with the fish i listed i just wanted to know if i could get anymore i am not going to overstock thats why i am asking questions bcuz obviously the last thing u wanna do is ova stock( as u keep shouting at me) --i no i ent dat dum n by da way im only 14 so how do i know these things i suppose to ask u lot if thats alrtie wiv u! :<

wat would u say if i didnt ask these questinons and i overstocked in the 1st place u would probaly say y didnt u ask these q's in the 1st place

yet you still wan't to keep 2 tangs in an 80us gal tank when they require in excess of that EACH? bad move IMO. but go ahead by all means as i said only my opinion.

the problems won't come when the fish are young, but hey what do i know eh?

i just wish some people respected where these fish actually come from and try to keep them in what the experts recomend. as i have said before, i have a 100UK gal tank which is bigger than a 100US gal tank and i won't have a tang in there as i seem to have a concience.

its like catching a wild bird and then putting it in a cage, would you do that? yesterday it had the whole sky to fly in, now it has your living room.

go buy a bigger tank then you can have the fish you want, if thats not possible then it should be tough titties!

I have to agree with boshank, I absolutely adore tangs but wouldn't own one as I know I'd never be able to offer it adequate space that it would crave. I don't think I'd attempt to own something like a lipstick tang unless I had a tank which was about 8 feet long.

You have a lot of options for your size tank, but you must understand that whilst the juveniles in the fish store may look cute and small that they will grow pretty quickly. By all means keep asking and using the net to find out the adult sizes of fish and what you could reasonably expect to put in your tank. If you have too many fish you will run the risk of overloading your filter which will lead to a tank crash and you are back to square one......

In my opinion a reef tank with live rock, soft corals and various snails, hermies and shrimp can look fantastic with just a few fish to complete it and give movement. Overcrowing spoils the look completely. It is so much more interesting to be able to appreciate every inch of what is going on in the aquarium rather than just try and see past all the fish!!!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back