How Many Tanks Is Sensible To Have?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I guess the answer to this is: however many you can realistically look after without any of them getting neglected or without losing interest.

Andy

I used to have around 8 tanks when i first started and got MTS. Went down to three when I got my own house, now down to one at home, and one at work. :)

I have three tanks at the moment. I came to this forum with a 60L, and that was 3 years ago this October. Since then I've accrued a 50g Rainbow and Dwarf Cichlid community, a 5.5g Betta tank and a 168g for my large cichlids. I do 50% waterchanges on all these tanks once a week, so takes about an hour if I did them all at once but normally spread them out a bit.

I'd dearly love a marine tank, but we just can't fit anymore tanks in and I can't afford it :rolleyes: so that stops that one!

I will go salty within a year or two though, will probably have to get another tank as can't see me 'getting rid' of any of my current stock, as I won't do that unless I have to due to aggression issues.

I got serious MTS last year not long after I began the hobby-so many fish that have different needs!
However, over the xmas break last year, I bought home my betta who lives at work and cleaning out 4 tanks was really too much for me.
That cured my MTS very quickly :lol: I now have a bowl of endlers and a betta at home, and the betta at work.
Ultimately I intend to swap the bowl for a small community, building up to a larger community over time. I do love bettas so I think I will always have a small tank for one of those, and a QT tank for the community, so 3 in total. That's plenty for me :)

I also have 2 communities. A 200 Litre & a 60 Litre. But I definately want a third tank for Cichlids.

James.

I also have mts.
2 400l tanks (3rd being set up this weekend)
2 300l tanks
1 260l tank
1 190l tank
1 180l tank
1 90l tank
then
1 36 x 30" square turtle tank
1 3ft turtle tank

and a 40l tank with some snails in

Click on the link in my signature to see all my tanks. The empty 55 gallon tank has since been filled and, just last week, I bought another one at a yard sale. :hyper:

I also have mts.
2 400l tanks (3rd being set up this weekend)
2 300l tanks
1 260l tank
1 190l tank
1 180l tank
1 90l tank
then
1 36 x 30" square turtle tank
1 3ft turtle tank

and a 40l tank with some snails in

I just don't know where you put them all :lol:

i have i have 7 in my house and a pond

1 4 foot semi aqautic frog tank

1 ten litre pico reef

1 2000 litre coldwater tank

1 40 litre betta and shrimp tank

1 30 litre shrimp tank

1 400 litre reef tank

then parents have a 250 litre angelfish tank

ouch thats 2740 litres how bad is this mts thing lol

then me and my dads pond

I only had 2 "show" tanks, but I had 7 breeding tanks going at my pinnacle :D I gotta tell you though, breeding tanks can be more work than show tanks. Basically show tanks need daily feeding and maintenance once a week. Breeding and grow out tanks can require daily substrate cleaning and to be fed up to 4 times a day. That adds up!

Had six at one time-1 in my house and 5 for breeding. Scaled back now as it took too much of my time. Just down to 3.

one....... large tank as poosible..... with best kits in the market.....

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back