How many rcs is too many rcs?!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Cromid

Fish Fanatic
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
As the title suggests, my rcs colony has exploded exponentially in my 15gal long tank.
From just a light count I have atleast 80 shrimp in there ranging from mature, juvenile and baby shrimp

The stocking for the tank is 12 harlequin rasbora, 9 peppered Cory, and a nerite snail.

they are doing a fantastic job of cleaning the tank - it’s never looked cleaner, but just wondering when or if this is now getting outta control ?
I read that they’ll continue to breed until there isn’t enough food to go around so their numbers shouldn’t get to a stupidly high level but now sure how true this is

You can try to sell them online or at your LFS. I’m not sure to many are bad, but I can foresee interbreeding issues...

Agree with the above, you have a nice colony going, try to sell some to your local shop, or place an ad to sell them to individuals.

You can try to sell them online or at your LFS. I’m not sure to many are bad, but I can foresee interbreeding issues...
Agree with the above, you have a nice colony going, try to sell some to your local shop, or place an ad to sell them to individuals.

thanks guys! Il try that! Maybe be able to cull some of the lower grade ones off by selling them.

I'd buy some from you, if you lived a bit closer ;)

The numbers eventually stabilize, but it can be at a pretty high number. I've had good luck selling them to my LFS.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back