How Many Nitrites Does It Take To Make A Nitrate?

Dr. Bogger

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Dec 11, 2006
Messages
199
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Ballston Spa, NY
I've never actually knew the anwser to this qustion, and i did a quick search but didnt find anything helpfull.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how many ppm of Nitrites makes 1ppm of Nitrate?

I would also like to know the same for ammonia into nitrites?

Does anyone here know the anwser to this question?
 
1mg/l Ammonia >> 2.7mg/l Nitrite >> 3.7mg/l Nitrate

Mg/l and ppm are essentially the same for this purpose.
 
1mg/l Ammonia >> 2.7mg/l Nitrite >> 3.7mg/l Nitrate

Mg/l and ppm are essentially the same for this purpose.
Hey Thanks,

Im not very good at math, so could you please tell me what 1ppm or 1 mg/l nitrites = in nitrates?

I dont know what math formula to figure it out with what u said above.

Thanks.
 
To be more accurate, we should say that:-

17mg/l ammonia >> 46mg/l nitrite >> 62mg/l nitrate

Therefore:-

1mg/l ammonia >> 2.7mg/l nitrite

1mg/l ammonia >> 3.7mg/l nitrate

1mg/l nitrite >> 1.3mg/l nitrate
 
that's interesting, btt. where'd you get the original numbers from?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top