How Many Fish Should I Keep In Juwel Rekord 60 (54 Litres)

who-izzet

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Oct 2, 2006
Messages
148
Reaction score
0
Points
0
How many livebearers should I keep in my Juwel Rekord 60 (54 litres). I ask this because I read on the internet somewhere that it should be a 2cm fish to 10 litres of water. This would mean 4 adult livebearers?
 
What type of livebearers are you talking about? There can be some difference in them, eg. guppies to swordtails.
Though I would expect you could keep more than 4 :P
 
thats rubbish what youve read 2cm to 10 litres #### i have a rekord 60 and me and my fellow fish keeping freinds have always used the 1 cm to a litre rule

when i first set it up i had
4 guppies 1 male 3 female
4 platys 1 male 3 female
and 3 sterbia corydoras(handy for cleaning uneaten food you could also instead of having cories add 3 more of either fish.
 
thats rubbish what youve read 2cm to 10 litres #### i have a rekord 60 and me and my fellow fish keeping freinds have always used the 1 cm to a litre rule

when i first set it up i had
4 guppies 1 male 3 female
4 platys 1 male 3 female
and 3 sterbia corydoras(handy for cleaning uneaten food you could also instead of having cories add 3 more of either fish.

I totally agree mate. I will try find out where I read it and attach it on here if I can. I was quite shocked because I have more than that!
 
I have a 60l and have 10 adult endlers livebearer (about 10") and some are pregnant, i also keep 4 bronxe corys (10") and 5 RCS (5") but they dont count to bioload as much as they produce very little waste (ammonia).

It is massivley overfiltered - external fluval 205 reccomended for a 200l! all stats are good, it is also planted.
 
I would say about 10 guppy size fish but more if you get smaller fish.
 
id go for 4 endlers 1male and 3 female
and a shoal of 8 neon tetras

if you dont want to breed keep the endlers to males

if you get all females it has been known that if there are no males one of the females could change its sex become a male and be able to breed
 

Most reactions

Back
Top