How Many Fish Per Day?

kevinthecow

Fishaholic
Joined
Sep 10, 2008
Messages
657
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Yep, like what I said on my other thread, I have a 50/50 yes no of trading my bala.


After that, I'll probably get Neons/Glow Lights, maybe a swordtail, a honey gourami and 4 Black skirt tetras. Adding all of them in would be a little stressful, so im thinking. How many a day could I add?


Stock list right now :

- one BST
- one Bala Shark
- one Honey Gourami
- two ADF's
- two swordtails
- three weather loaches.


AFTERWARDS :

- Five BST
- Three Swordtails
- Two ADFS
- Three weather Loaches
- two Honey Gouramis
- 6+ tetras (neons, black or glow lights, still havent made a decision. )



Thats my 'future' stock list.

Now, my questions :

1. How many fish should I add a day, keep it slow, as in weeks?
2. Is my tank overstocked, or fine.
3. Could I add more? If so, please suggest. (I don't want any bottom dwellers, I already have a handful with these dojos/weathers. I've tamed my adf's, so its okay.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Price Check :

BST, 4$ ea.
Rummy/Glow/Black tetras, 3$ ea.
Swordtail, 6$ ea.
Honey Gourami, 5$ ea.
ADF, 2-3$ ea.


SEEMS LIKE A RIPOFF! I really, dont want to go bankrupt buying these fishes, but I want to get them. ): I have the money yes, but it seems to pricey.
 
29G ):

100ish litres, if im correct. Around that.

Ok what does BST and ADFS stand for. With the bala theres really not much to think about. If your not going to get a bigger tank like real soon then take him back, even if you have to give him away. Also if you are getting a bigger tank like for Christmas or something then you need to get atleast one other bala seeing how there school fish.
 
I'm assuming BST = black skirt tetra and ADF = African Dwarf Frogs.

I think the point is (s)he is getting rid of the bala and replacing it with other, smaller fish.

Overall the final stocking sounds a little heavy to me, but I'm not very knowledgeable about stocking community tanks so hopefully someone more experienced can give their input.
 
yep./

I was told, that stocking was okay though.

Can someone help with the Price check?
 
I'm assuming BST = black skirt tetra and ADF = African Dwarf Frogs.

I think the point is (s)he is getting rid of the bala and replacing it with other, smaller fish.

This was not made clear in this post! What was said was it was a 50/50 yes or no of trading him in.
 
I'm trading the bala for a few, and might buy the rest.


Sorry if I left some detail out.. ):

Also @ fife : Sorry, I missed your post.

Yes, my tank's been running for months by now, and it's been cycled. I've been in the fishing hobby since I was like, 10. (If you count a little betta, 8. :D)

I got Black skirt already. ):
 
I see you're in canada so can't comment on prices.

However, in the time that we are at (money woes etc) Many people in the uk are moving house and therefore getting rid of their fishies. So maybe you could try getting a few freebies.

Might mean getting different tetra, or waiting a while. Check out the ads in your local newspaper etc, maybe place a "wanted" add in a free paper.

Just an idea...

Happy fishing. :)
 
): Aw...

I can't ship, or anything like that though.

Any canadians our there? ):
 

Most reactions

Back
Top