The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

AquaPit

Fishaholic
Reaction score
My tank dimensions are 60cmx30x35
Approx. 60litres (17 US gallons)

So... the question is, how many Dwarfs can I put in there?

Future tank mates (most likely):
1) 10x Hasborus Cory Or
2) 6x Panda Cory Or
3) Just Dwarf Gouramis

:)

If by dwarf you mean something like the Honey Gourami then I'd get a few of them and and a few corys as well. If you just have corys in your tank then you'll end up with all the action down the bottom of the tank and just Gouramis will see all the action at the top, so a sensible number of each would be best. IMHO.

Say 5 corys and then a few honey gouramis although I've heard males can be a little aggressive to each other at times so in a confined space you might be better with 1 male and 2-3 females. 

Lunar Jetman said:
If by dwarf you mean something like the Honey Gourami then I'd get a few of them and and a few corys as well. If you just have corys in your tank then you'll end up with all the action down the bottom of the tank and just Gouramis will see all the action at the top, so a sensible number of each would be best. IMHO.

Say 5 corys and then a few honey gouramis although I've heard males can be a little aggressive to each other at times so in a confined space you might be better with 1 male and 2-3 females.
Tks!
How about Honey Gourami with another species of dwarf gouramis?

Honeys would be your best bet. 7-8 corydora hasbrosus and 3-4 honey gourami should work

EllieJellyEllie said:
Honeys would be your best bet. 7-8 corydora hasbrosus and 3-4 honey gourami should work
Sounds good!

I hope I can find some beautiful Honeys!

AquaPit said:

Tks!
How about Honey Gourami with another species of dwarf gouramis?

To be honest, I think you need to stick to just one kind in that small a tank.

Just remember with the dwarf gourami that if getting more than 2, you must try and get 1 male to multiple females. If you have multiple males they will fight and one will eventually be outcast to the point of death.

Good choice on the Gourami btw :D :fish:

Noted with tks LunarJetman!

Metka said:
Just remember with the dwarf gourami that if getting more than 2, you must try and get 1 male to multiple females. If you have multiple males they will fight and one will eventually be outcast to the point of death.

Good choice on the Gourami btw :D :fish:
:D
Scouting for Honeys tomorrow!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back