How Many Cory's Are Suitable For My Tank?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

erica234

Reaction score
The tank has a sand substrate, a few plants (vallisneria americana - healthy and growing nicely), a small piece of driftwood, filter and heater (24 degrees). Water parameters are measured frequently - ammonia, nitrite and nitrate are all okay. The tank is 19l and has 3 Glowlight tetras (still fairly small at the moment) and 1 Julii cory.

My cory looks healthy (no fin clamping, active, is eating okay, no reddening of gills etc). The fish does, however, spend quite a bit of time swimming up and down the glass at the front and sides of the tank. Is this type of behavior normal for the species?

I realise that corys should not normally be kept alone (I originally purchased two but the second rarely ate and quickly died after purchase). Would it be okay to introduce another cory to the tank? (this death was over a month ago). (Also if I am unable to find a store with Julii corys would be okay to include another species - e.g. panda corys?)

i was told that mixing species isnt the done thing, they will shoal with others but not as good as with their own kind...so if you can....get julii! im also struggling to get julii....turns out mine is a fake julii...more common to get hold of!! :good:

is your tank 19L...i thought it was 19G...that tank is only suited for shrimp or a single betta!!! no more cory :good: and try to rehome the cory you have

I agree. 19L is a ridiculously small tank. I wouldnt recommend housing cories in it.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back