How Many Angels Should I Start With?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

MamaPish

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi,
I Have a 55gal setup, I plan to raise angels.
I already have 6 babies dime to nickel size, how many more could I fit comfortably, without hindering their growth.
Once they pair off I plan on having a couple other tanks to put them in.
Thanks,
Trish

MamaPish,

I would say another 6 would do nicely. Hopefully they will pair up with their own kind!!

Angels, being cichlids have a tendancy to cross spawn. That is not necessarily a bad thing as this is how breeders have developed all the different strains.

Do you have any other fish in with the angels right now? If so, what are they?

CM

I had some male guppies, danios, and a betta....but someone munched one of my angels tail.....so I called a friend and he gave them a new home.
I do still have an albino cory cat, and plan on adding a couple more of those.
Thanks for all your help,
trish :D

Hi, its normally recommended for adult angels to have at least 10 gallon each. So if you keep more than 6 whan young, be prepared to move some as they get older and larger.

Good advice, catman...............

I figured MamaPish was going to do this as she stated she would have more tanks available as the fish paired off.

Also, I would not keep more than two breeding pair in a 55. This is really all this tank would safely house if you wish the eggs to survive.

If your interested MamaPish, I posted a little reply about artificially hatching out angelfish eggs somewhere on the board. Don't quite remember where though :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I would be happy to re-post it if your interested in doing this.

CM

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back