How Long Without Feeding?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

372xp

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have to go to Truro to do a days work for a friend. I live in West Devon so its not to far but I have been offered to take my family and stay in theur holiday cottage for the weekend. Problem is cant take the fish. I have 2 fw tanks and 2 marine tanks, lights on timers so no problems there. One tank is Aquaone 55ltr, the other is a TMC nano. I only have 2 clowns and 1 firefish plus cuc . I am not concerened about the corals but how long can the fish go without feeding without causing them stress. I feed them frozen food and it is a big ask to get one of by neighbours in to do it.

techen said:
A week at least, they'll be fine.
Seriously? I feed them twice a day, I was led to believe that my FW fish would be fine with this but the SW fish need to be fed twice a day. Great news I will only be gone 2 days so this should be fine.

I feed my discus three times a day and the other tanks (including marine) twice a day.

Recently I have been on holiday for a week and a bit (saturday to the sunday of the week after) and the only precaution I took wat to put a larger water reservoir for the auto top up.
I got back the fish were hungry (obviously) but fine, even a female discus I was worried about since she was a bit thin.

Thanks zante, dont know much about discus but this is good news. I feed my bettas once a day, just the marines twice. Sometimes my corals go without for 2 or 3 days at a time.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back