How Long Does It Take For Fish To Have Fry?

Bambi211

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jul 16, 2008
Messages
115
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Nottingham
Hiya.

I only really realised yesterday that my swortail female was quite big, so guessed she was pregnant.

How long does it take roughly for her to have them? what are the symptoms etc?

any advice would be greatful thanks.

XXX
 
4 weeks is about typical for the more common livebearers like swords and platies, mollies and guppies. For endlers it is more like 23 days and for goodeids it typically runs 55 to 60 days. You having swords, the number Nosoup4you gave is OK but it is not a general rule.
 
Which is why I said "most" and "roughly". I guess I should have said most common livebearers...though my Mollies often take 5 weeks and my Guppies sometimes take as little as three. Oldman is correct though in that this is not a general rule for all livebearers.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top