how long do neons live

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Can't say I'd know, but if there's a difference between the jumbo and normal (I'm led to believe this) then which one would you like to get?

Until they get eaten or die :D :D :D

Well i just found on a web site that neons can live upto 10 years??? but how true that is i dont know

and they can grow upto a size of around 2" or thumb length

i know that because our fish club have them at that size...

tempestuousfury said:
Can't say I'd know, but if there's a difference between the jumbo and normal (I'm led to believe this) then which one would you like to get?
I think I have the regular ones.............. :dunno:

fozzy_wozzy_woo said:

Well i just found on a web site that neons can live upto 10 years??? but how true that is i dont know

and they can grow upto a size of around 2" or thumb length

i know that because our fish club have them at that size...
Hee hee fozzy......you are right..... :lol: :S

neons can live upto 10 years???
I would really love that........ :nod:

guess I will keep on researching..........thanks guys!!!! :D

I've read that they will live to be 10 years as well. I'm pretty sure that in 10 years I still won't know how many I have either. :D

I've read that they will live up to 10 years, but have never had one do so. I consider my South American tank to be pretty well suited to Neons, (soft, acidic, blackwater, salt free, heavily planted and very understocked). In that environment they grow to a pretty good size, never 50mm, but 35-40mm certainly, and live for 4-5 years. Of course I don't know how old they are when I get them. I do tend to go for the highest quality fish I can find, so they could easily have been wild caught and a couple of years old already.

wow I cannot believe that they live so long.......how cool!!!!

Is that in the wild or in aquariums too???

Most reactions

Back