How Fast Will They Grow?

kevinthecow

Fishaholic
Joined
Sep 10, 2008
Messages
657
Reaction score
1
Points
0
How long will it take a bala to reach its max size? A dojo loach?

lets hope its a few years, so i can rake up some money for a 55g :X

Heres a pic of the bala.
October252008020.jpg

Cant really determine its " though, :P Its pretty little compared to a full grown I think, around 13"er?



(The Loach is not a concern in its length, but its width is what im concerned about. I'll have to take out some fake plants and add in more larger rocks. Possibly get rid of my little chinese bridge ):

October252008027.jpg

October252008017.jpg

October252008022.jpg

October252008026.jpg

You can see two of them in the last pic, (one at top, one at bottom.)
 
They are fairly slow growing I think (bala's), however if you do intend to keep him, he will need larger than a 55g, more like a 100g+ 6ft,plus they are shoaling fish and realy should be in groups of 6+.

I dont know about the loach sorry.
 
Yes, okay. :) I've been told they're fast ones though.

I don't plan for a big tank, though. Still young, broke. Yep. :D
Probably going to give it back to the store, if I have too.

And, the bala + BST are like, close. o_O; Dunno how but they tend to stay together alot.
 
belas do grow fairly slow...
the silver shark top photo they dont grow fast at all :(
 
i have a 12" Bala, and he is 5 years old. i have 3 smaller bala's which i have had for about 4 months now, and they are slowly growing, the biggest of the 3 is about 5 inches or so. But it is painfull watching them grow cause it takes forever

btw, do you only have the 1 bala? they prefer to be in groups as they are a shoaling fish
 
Yeah I know, but it turned out it was a shoal with my 2 (One died. .__.;)bst.. pretty weird. :)

I guess they're both silver :S

xD, they move liek tetras. if one goes somewhere, the other ones comes. Preeetty sweet though. (Anyone living in my area and wants the fish i sell fo one dollah. :D

Also, any help with my loaches?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top