How Do Yout Fish Tell You

Night61

Fish Herder
Joined
Mar 30, 2008
Messages
1,002
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Queensbury, NY
or want food?

the question came about today when i was changing my big fish tank today and my guppies and bettas were playing in the bubbles the clean water produced. they do this on every water change too, it is kind of funny.

so what do your fish due at water changes?
 
most of my fish hide once they see the syphon hose...except my one very bold betta...he sees the gunk going up the tube abd tries to get at it (or tries to get INTO the syphon tube-scary at times and i have to literally shoo him away). this is the same fish that likes to watch the nitrite solution drops into the test tube while i test his water. he flares at the blue drops :)
but once their water is changed they all zoom around. especially the cories who madly snuffle around in the sand.
 
My tank is planted so I have only 5 ppm of nitrate at the end of each week when I do my water changes, so my water is decent before hand, minus traces minerals that get used up by the plants and fish throughout the week.

They seem to just swim around a lot, and I dont think my biggest Cichlid likes it because when I so a water change he gets really aggressive and chases all the other fish around...lol.

-FHM

most of my fish hide once they see the syphon hose...except my one very bold betta...he sees the gunk going up the tube abd tries to get at it (or tries to get INTO the syphon tube-scary at times and i have to literally shoo him away). this is the same fish that likes to watch the nitrite solution drops into the test tube while i test his water. he flares at the blue drops :)
but once their water is changed they all zoom around. especially the cories who madly snuffle around in the sand.
:lol:

I swear my fish are determined to get inside my sypthon.

They always swim right next to the inlet when I do gravel vacs. :lol:

-FHM
 
My shrimp come along to clean the syphon hose - fastidious little creatures - now if only I can get them to breathe air, maybe I can get them doing some housework LOL
Most of my fish (betta included) play in the flow from the hose when I refill.
Corys and Danios especially appreciate the temp drop and often start spawning.

Oh for feeding they just come and wait at the top middle and splash about until I feed them. Seems everything only wants me to feed it, if it's not the fish it's the cats, if not cats or fish it's hubby!
 
one of my bettas, jasper is the same way he had gone up the tube twice since i got him, scares the heck out of me until i realize hey he can't get thought the hole. i once got one of my ottos in the tube too, that scared the crap out of me because they are small enough to get sucked up.
 
When I had Fathead minnows in my tank, there were like 2 that got sucked up the sypthon each time and ended up in the bucket...lol.

That must of been one heck of a ride! :lol:

-FHM
 
the corys love it they follow the vac all over when i clean the sand the firemouth just gets narky and flares at the tube, the biggest fish in the tank, my sevs are big girls blouses . as soon as they see the syphon tube they run and hide in the roots and wont come out for a good hour after ive finished .
 
My fish love every aspect of my water changes lol. My angel fish swim up to my syphon and try and eat the little bits inside it as they float away. Yesterday when doing a big water change, one of my golden panchax got stuck in the syphon, managed to get it out unharmed, then it came back for more lol!!! When I fill the water back up, one of my Angels loves the flow, as do my madagascan rainbows and golden panchax. Also, when I'm using the net to get bits out, I'm forever getting my golden panchax's out of the net. They are the friendliest fish ever!!!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top