How is the backing on the tank? Is it just taped on or is it attached with something like vaseline? If its just taped I would vaseline it on, Ive done that with all my tanks that have a background and they look great
Mine is quite dull. As well, when any light shines on it, you can see the crinkles in the backing paper.
So, since my tank will be empty for a week, I am painting the back with blackboard paint. This seems the best and most hassle-free method because for me, using vaseline or vegetable oil, the backgrounds would peel off after a while. With paint, you just paint it and forget it!
It wasn't really messy for me, I just used 1 finger to smear it over the whole back of the tank then put the background on. After I have it where I want it I used a credit card to smooth everything out. If you used too much vaseline it will gather at the sides of the tank and then you just wipe that way.
thanks for the replys guys. my background is currently stuck on with tape. I am actually getting a new background tommorow so i will try the vaseline with that. another problem that i have is when i need to gain access to the filter i have to take the whole lid off and water goes between the background and the glass it's really annoying and looks stupid. So i'll probably use vaseline and then seal the top with a line of tape. hopefully that should do the trick. sadly my digital camera is on the blink so i can't post any pic's, however i'll post how i get on here tommorow.
thanks agin guys
chris