How do I use facebook?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Colin_T

Fish Guru
Reaction score
Anyone here know how to use Facebook?

I want to start a petition to stop a stupid council setting fire to rare and endangered plants at a local reserve, and I have no idea how to use Facebook but figured it would be the place to start.

I do have a facebook account but don't know what to do from there :)

Give me a fish and I will help keep it alive. Give me a mobile phone or computer program and I will freak out, scream, yell, pull my hair out and chuck a wobbly.

I've never seen an actual petition on Facebook, by which I mean started there and continuing there. Many links to other sites with petitions, yes; I spend much of my time at this. Sites like care and change are petition sites where you can join and start your petition. And there are environmental groups that do petitions. I have signed several Australian-based petitions.

Finally, a thread I can actually help someone else with! :D

As Byron mentioned, the petitions are not generally started on Facebook itself, but on other petition-based websites, and then shared on Facebook and other social media platforms. The two that Byron named are more popular sites which is probably best when it comes to starting a petition and getting it seen.

Once you've created your petition, I imagine it'll come up with a link to share on various platforms like Facebook, Twitter, etc. You can copy and paste the link to share to wherever you like though, as far as I know. It's best to share to the places you know are most likely to get more views to give it a better chance of getting signatures - but share everywhere you can think of! Possibly worth sharing on here too if it's allowed as you're likely to find some fellow nature lovers :)

Good luck!

Most reactions

trending

Back