need computer help, phone took my emails

June FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Colin_T

Fish Guru
Reaction score
A couple of days ago my mobile phone started making noises and has my emails on it. I have not set the phone up for this and do not want emails on the phone because I can't read them due to the stupid tiny text size and crappy little screen. I use a computer for emails so I can read them and so I know what I am doing.

This question is for the people who know about computers and phones
Any idea how this happened?
How do I stop my emails going to the phone?

--------------
Slightly different matter relating to the mobile phone. If the battery light is red and the phone won't charge unless I remove the battery and put it back in, is the battery fuplied?

How long do phone batteries normally last because this is 9 months old and started a few months ago.

My phone company is useless and won't answer these questions.

You should be able to have it logged in on both, i have my email logged in permanently on both my phone and computer

I dont want emails on the phone. I cant read the phone because it is too small. And I hate the phone and am about to smash it because it doesn't work properly, doesn't have an instruction book, the phone company are aholes that don't help and the battery is stuffed so I can barely use it as it is.

I didn't want emails on my phone. I just want emails on my computer.

To unlike the phone from the pooter (tends to link automatically or manually by mistake when setting things up)

Emails arrive on the phone and pooter when both are synchronised, they also appear on both even without being sychronised.

Since there are countless different email accounts and they all have different deletion processes according to device that you want to delete it from....

^^^ Shows you how to go about removing the entire email account from a device

It's a gmail email account and I haven't signed up anything. I don't use the phone for anything except the internet and I use it to get internet on my computer. I don't surf the internet on the phone. I plug the phone into my computer via USB cable and tether it. Anything I do online is done on my computer.

I use the phone to call a few people sometimes but that is all the phone is used for.

I'm sure google in their infinite wisdom figured it'd be useful to you to sync your devices. Not knowing what model it is or what version of android you have, I can't offer much additional info/help, but the point is the phone is now linked to your account. The only way to undo this is to sign out on the phone, or check the settings on your computer where, somewhere deep in the mumbo jumbo of settings and policies there must be a way to remove the email access from your phone, or something similar so that your emails go back to only showing up on your computer. Knowing google though, I'm sure that's as easy, clear and accessible as finding a needle in a haystack

How do I sign out on the phone?

phone is an "Optus x power 2"

You should be able to go into settings on the app and click "log out"

I love you @Colin_T you are such a fish Guru, but you are just useless at controlling the thing to get your message out there. It was so much easier when we just went to "Aquarium Society" meetings once a month. ;)

It's a gmail email account and I haven't signed up anything. I don't use the phone for anything except the internet and I use it to get internet on my computer. I don't surf the internet on the phone. I plug the phone into my computer via USB cable and tether it. Anything I do online is done on my computer.

I use the phone to call a few people sometimes but that is all the phone is used for.
It seems that when you plugged the phone into the pooter with the USB, it auto synchronised the Gmail

This link will tell you exactly how to unsynchronise it

It seems that when you plugged the phone into the pooter with the USB, it auto synchronised the Gmail

This link will tell you exactly how to unsynchronise it

Looks like that works, thanks @wasmewasntit :)

on my phone the google crap had automatically apply synch or something. it's off now.

it's a better option than the one I found
www.https//diephonedie/how-to-fix-a-mobile-phone
instructions
put phone on floor
find sledge hammer
use sledge hammer to smash phone
problem solved

Looks like that works, thanks @wasmewasntit :)

on my phone the google crap had automatically apply synch or something. it's off now.

it's a better option than the one I found
www.https//diephonedie/how-to-fix-a-mobile-phone
instructions
put phone on floor
find sledge hammer
use sledge hammer to smash phone
problem solved
Awesome, glad to have been able to help you matey :)

The sledgehammer option is always open with my misbehaving technicals too - last resort type of thing when all else fails and brain is frazzled ;)

Most reactions

Back