stuhyde
Fish Crazy
Got 2 tanks, one 3ft established for 2 years with a Tetratec EX700, and a 5ft that I will be moving the fish into with a Tetratec EX1200.
I know its probably best to run the 2 side by side for a few months, but I have decided to just steal the good media out of the 700 and swap with some out the 1200.
Is there anything else I can do? Ive heard about getting some of that hard foam stuff and putting over the water intake pipe for a few weeks and then squeeze/leave in the new tank for a bit.
Anything else?
Tank is massively understocked, so not worried about the adequacy of the EX1200 at this point..
Any pointers greatfully received ..
Will also be using as much water as possible from the old tank as well..

I know its probably best to run the 2 side by side for a few months, but I have decided to just steal the good media out of the 700 and swap with some out the 1200.
Is there anything else I can do? Ive heard about getting some of that hard foam stuff and putting over the water intake pipe for a few weeks and then squeeze/leave in the new tank for a bit.
Anything else?
Tank is massively understocked, so not worried about the adequacy of the EX1200 at this point..
Any pointers greatfully received ..
Will also be using as much water as possible from the old tank as well..








