How do I start?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

lolly

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi,

I have one plant in my tank (sorry for being dense but i forget what it is). It is supposed to be fast growing and has little root type bits along its stems, leaf shape is a bit like clover but joined up. I like this plant & would like to add more but also i would like to keep them in good condition. Plant is still in little pot it came from shop in, i have gravel @ bottom of tank & some fake plants.
Could anyone advise me on plant food, new plants etc.

My water is ok & ph7.
Tank 88 litres.

The most important thing if you want to have a planted tank is proper lighting. No matter how much or what brand of plant food you use, if you don't have proper lighting, your plants won't thrive.Your tank is 88 litres which means that it is 23 gallons. Based on how many watts you have per gallon, you can then choose what kind of plants you want in your tank. This link shows how much light is needed for a tank to be considered low, medium and high lighting.

HTH, and feel free to browse this forum because there's a wealth of info right here on how to keep plants.

lolly said:
It is supposed to be fast growing and has little root type bits along its stems, leaf shape is a bit like clover but joined up.
sounds like Ludwigia repens:

L33.jpg

My current plant is a Cardimine something or other, i have a memory like a sive! As far as i can work out i think my light levels are in the medium range, so i shall look for plants that like those conditions.

Cheers for your help :thumbs:

Yes that sounds like it!

I should write it down so i can give you something to work with.

@ the moment it is doing really well, i will give it another month then perhaps get another.

Or perhaps you could recomend something, I am all for being inspired!

Most reactions

Back