How do bristlenose become pregnant

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Benji k

Fishaholic
Reaction score
So Iā€™ve been breeding bristlenose for a while and how do they become pregnant is it from the hat humans do or somthing else Iā€™ve heard diferent things but can somone just settle it so I now thanks.

So Iā€™ve been breeding bristlenose for a while and how do they become pregnant is it from the hat humans do or somthing else Iā€™ve heard diferent things but can somone just settle it so I now thanks.
The same was as any other critter above an ameba. A male sperm cell joins with a female egg to make a full DNA chain that eventually becomes a combination of the parents.

With a bristlenose it seems, from a quick search, the male will clean out a cave and a female will or will not enter and lay eggs if she likes the cave she will lay eggs. If there are eggs present the male will eject sperm over the eggs to fertilize.

Well see, when a man fish loves a woman fish-

The male claims a turf. The female visits, and lays eggs. He sprays sperm on them, and then settles down to guard them.
The female has to leave. She will eat the eggs if given a chance, but the male may kill her if she tries. He watches, and removes unfertilized eggs.

The eggs become larvae, and hang from the ceiling of a cave, most times. The male guards, and fans to keep oxygen flowing. As soon as the larvae/fry leave the nest, he pays no more attention to them. His job is done. he cleans up and waits for a female again.

There is no pregnancy. They are egg layers, and the processes that happen inside a mammal's body happen outside of it with egg-layers.

Edit: Oh yeah, they get married first.

Well thatā€™s confusing
Out of curiosity, are you under the age of 14-15?

Because people have said to me they form eggs in ther stomach from eating lots of food and I donā€™t think that rite

Because people have said to me they form eggs in ther stomach from eating lots of food and I donā€™t think that rite
My female fish always has eggs in her it seems like. She swells up. But then she foes into the normal cave and lays them whole the male stands guard

With good nutrition, the eggs develop to the point they can be produced. That's not unlike the process with human eggs, only she has a lot more of them set to go at a time than a human does.

No I understand what it means wait so male traps her they do the thing then she lays eggs
The male fertilizes the eggs after they're laid by the female. BN's don't get pregnant.

So you're breeding fish (for a while?) but don't know how. You hear differerent things from some people ? Think info about this is found in books (those paper things) and the internet.

Y
The male fertilizes the eggs after they're laid by the female. BN's don't get pregnant.

So you're breeding fish (for a while?) but don't know how. You hear differerent things from some people ? Think info about this is found in books (those paper things) and the internet.
Yeah I now about the male fanning eggs and stuff and keeping water circulating around them to keep fungus thanks for all you guys replyā€™s

Y

Yeah I now about the male fanning eggs and stuff and keeping water circulating around them to keep fungus thanks for all you guys replyā€™s
I meand before the fanning. BN's don't get pregnant or "do the thing". The eggs are released and then fertilized outside the body.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back