How Can I Slow Down The Flow?

Matthew Lee Newell

Fish Crazy
Joined
Jun 23, 2009
Messages
227
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Grimsby
right im running 2 internal filters in my tank, and they both cause alot of flow,
ive been doing alot of reading, and my fish may not like the flow as it is,
so the question is, what can i do to make the flow slower without breaking the filters?
any ideas?

cheers
 
Well, it depends on what filters you are running...it appears that you are running an internal from the pic. If you could just aim the output toward the glass it should diffuse some of the flow.
 
ueah i have an aqua one filter and a stingray
i can put the stingray at the glass,, but i cant with the aquaone because it doesnt have anyway to adjust the outflow pipe......
 
I don't see anything in your stocking list that would be particularly bothered by a strong current. As long as there are some areas where they can escape the current they should be fine. Also, if it is a new tank, the filters will slow as they begin to build up with gunk.
 
When I bred Angels, the flow was actually quite strong. I wouldn't worry about it. If you are still concerned, send a pm to Tolak. He is the resident Angel expert. :D
 

Most reactions

Back
Top