What's new

How can i make it stop!

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰
Sorry Byron but I have to disagree @Byron.
All my tanks have 4000K lighting and plants do extremely well.

I was told PAR is more important than color.
I personally use a 3000K LED lamp with a small number of 660nm red LEDs. Plants grow great with this light.

Black cyanobacteria is a thing but I've not seen it lift in sheets like that.
I have, it happens all the time when it photosynthesises. Oxygen bubbles build up under the film and cause it to lift off. It helps the stuff spread to new areas but also makes it easier to remove, sometimes.

Get a net under it and lift it out in a big sheet. Have a plastic container near the surface to put it into. Then bury it in the garden.

I've got to get a new phosphate test, if potassium doesn't help with my red cyano. Removing phosphates used to be quite helpful

I have, it happens all the time when it photosynthesises. Oxygen bubbles build up under the film and cause it to lift off. It helps the stuff spread to new areas but also makes it easier to remove, sometimes.

Get a net under it and lift it out in a big sheet. Have a plastic container near the surface to put it into. Then bury it in the garden.
ok ill try that.

I hit another group and got ideas, going to my own thread.... more questions than answers

IMG_5504.JPG

even more bubbles. Gonna try to peel it back today

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back