Hot water

SimonA

Fishaholic
Reaction score
My water is borderline on the top of the green block on the thermomerter and I cant seem to cool it down any suggestions?

You can always float bottles of cold or cool water in the tank too, that makes a big difference.

Try keeping the top open - if that doesn't help enough, get a large fan that you use in your room, and blow air above the water. This cools down the water quite fast... I only need to do this about once a year where I live, but it works! ;)

im having the same probs as well i turned my heater off for the past few days..added cold water and left the lid open..but mines still shoots up to around 84c everyday!

What's wrong with 80? 2 above normal? The heaters not faulty. My old heater raised the tank to 100 a few weeks ago, and my severum, firemouths, and rainbow cichlid were fine. My Knife fish however :rip: Just turn the heater down a bit, and unless you have coldwater fish you should be ok :)

When my temps get a bit high in my tanks I like to use a 1/2 gallon milk jug that I fill 3/4 of the way and freeze. Drop it in the tank and it works out just fine.

I have had the same probs with temp because of the heat in general at this time of year. I was advised to put icecubes into a plastic bag and float the bag on top of tank water. It brought the temp down great and not to quickly.
Hope this helps :)

Lynn

If it gets too hot try putting some icecubes in a bag to lower it to the temperature you want

Nutter

Most reactions

Back