Hot Magnum Question

ahodge84

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
71
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Ohio, USA
I recently was given a HOT Magnum filter. I have never owned one before, so I know little about it. What reading I have done has helped, but I still have one big question: Can/Should I put carbon somewhere in it? I've always had filters requiring carbon and it seems odd (to me) that one would not. Does the HOT Magnum not require carbon? Thanks in advance for any help!
 
Carbon is not necessary. IMO its a waste of money. Carbon removes impurities from the water, but it only works for a couple days. Before getting saturated and needing to be replaced. It's only really needed when you are removing a medication from the water, but water changes would work just as well. I very rarely use carbon, and when I do I just put it in a nylon sock and hang it in the tank.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top